January’s Character Trait: Developing a Growth Mindset
- Posted in
- on January 6, 2016.
This month we are focusing on the growth mindset. Many people perceive intelligence as a fixed trait; however, research shows that intelligence is developed through experience and persistence. Adopting a growth mindset can lead to greater motivation and self-actualization.
Practice a growth mindset in the following ways:
- Accept failure, and understand why every failure is an opportunity. Learn from your mistakes.
- Use feedback and criticism to continually develop. Focus on improvement.
- Don’t be discouraged by the achievements of others. Be inspired, and find lessons in their success.
- Try new things, and know that you can learn anything through hard work and dedication. Time + hard work = Success
- Adopt a positive attitude towards challenges and your abilities to overcome them in order to achieve your goals.
Make sure you follow @TheRealVHS’s Twitter account as we explore developing a GROWTH MINDSET in January!