Virtual High School now offers a new edition of CHA3U, American History, a grade 11 university level course that enables students to gain an understanding of the social, economic, political, and cultural development of the United States from colonization to the present.
CHA3U provides students with the opportunity to learn about the contributions that various groups have made to the evolution of modern America, the struggles to establish a national identity and citizenship that have characterized the country’s history, and the place of the U.S. in the global community.
New In This Edition
This new version of CHA3U includes many exciting updates, such as
- new multimedia content (videos, graphics, interactive activities)
- a focus on cultivating the discipline’s thinking skills by taking a historical perspective, identifying continuity and change, and assessing historical significance
- new content from the modern period including the events of 9/11 and the election of Donald Trump
- a focus on groups that have been often less visible in the narrative of American history, including Native Americans, the Suffragettes, and the Black Lives Matter movement
- new assessments such as diary entries, analyses of historical sources (primary sources), and opportunities to create multimedia presentations
Post-Secondary Education and Careers
Students who take this course will become informed, global citizens. CHA3U may inspire students to take post-secondary studies with a focus on history or politics. Opportunities for those pursuing history studies may lead to careers in teaching, law, library science, archival research, and many more.