Virtual High School has been providing online high school courses to students from Ontario and other parts of the world since 2002. As a private school issuing Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) credits, we have grown to be the one of the largest private high schools in Canada. It is expected that VHS will have 6000 students in 2016. Our online teaching staff are fully supported in providing an innovative environment within our D2L Integrated Learning Platform, called Brightspace, in order to promote collaboration and effective teaching in the online classroom.
Virtual High School and its faculty have made a commitment to providing the best education possible using all of the advantages of an asynchronous learning strategy and the capacity of technology to connect people around the world. VHS courses are hosted in the world’s best virtual learning environment provided by the D2L™ Integrated Learning Platform, Brightspace™. We consistently receive positive feedback from our students on the structure of our online courses and the flexibility it allows learners. VHS and VES currently have over 120 online teachers providing grading, feedback, and support to students. All teachers work from home to complete teaching duties on a schedule that can be flexible within VHS's requirements.
Qualified teachers looking to make an impact in new teaching technologies and wanting to be a part of school which constantly sets new boundaries in education, are constantly being sought. We need teachers who demonstrate an enthusiasm for teaching and a thirst for challenge. The ability to work successfully in an independent setting is essential. If you would like to become a part of our team, please submit cover letter and resume to Kimberley Loebach.
SENIOR WEB APPLICATION DESIGNER
Position: Full-time, permanent
Location: Virtual High School in Bayfield, Ontario
The Technology Department at Virtual High School (VHS) is expanding and seeking (1) qualified candidate to join the team. This is a full-time position that will commence as soon as possible and requires the successful candidate to work at VHS's office in Bayfield, ON. Salary to be commensurate on education and experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Define site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envision system features and functionality.
- Design and develop user interfaces to Internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determine design methodologies and tool sets; complete programming using languages and software products; design and conduct tests.
- Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Integrate applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; study and establish connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Complete applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contribute to team meetings; troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Support users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Update job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintain personal networks; participate in professional organizations.
- Take ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
The Qualified Candidates will have:
- College diploma and/or university degree in Computer Science.
- Web User Interface Design, Web Programming Skills, Software Requirements, Software Architecture, Software Development Fundamentals, Object-Oriented Design (OOD), Software Debugging.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to meet tight deadlines and specific project requirements.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Technical leadership and the ability to work well independently and collaboratively to complete tasks.
- Strong verbal and written communication
To Apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Careers@VirtualHighSchool.com.
If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please email email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.