Remote Teaching opportunities
Virtual High School is always accepting applications from qualified teachers. When a position becomes available, we review our teacher candidate pool and reach out to any potential candidates.
Why Teach at Virtual High School?
- Experience flexibility in determining where and when to work.
- Support students from around the world in receiving a high-quality education.
- Develop skills in learning management systems and teaching online.
- Gain experience teaching subjects or divisions that may not be available in your current day school.
- Supplement income while teaching in a physical classroom, after retiring from the classroom, or while at home.
Qualified Candidates Will Have the Following:
- A Bachelor of Education degree
- A membership with the Ontario College of Teachers or equivalent
- Qualifications in the appropriate division for which they are applying
- Exceptional written communication skills
- The ability to work well independently to complete tasks
Ideal Candidates Will Have the Following:
- Experience teaching in the classroom and online
- 3–5 years of experience in education
- Experience in curriculum development and/or program planning
- Familiarity with Growing Success (2010)
- Experience with online learning management systems
As independent contractors, teachers determine their place of work. The successful candidates will work from home to complete all necessary tasks.
How Do I Apply?
To apply, please complete the following Remote Teaching Application and attach your cover letter and resume. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Applications will be kept on file for one year, so please apply annually to reaffirm interest in new openings.
If you have any accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please email email@example.com and a member of our HR team will respond. Information related to the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.