We’ve got you covered at Virtual High School! The beauty of the asynchronous model at VHS is that while you’re making plans to hit up the beach or spend your vacation in a backyard pool, you can ALSO dive into learning in your free time. We can help you reach any of your summer school goals when you’re ready to take the plunge!
- Complete prerequisites for post-secondary admission.
- Improve your grades through upgrade courses.
- Fast track your education.
- Resolve timetable conflicts with your day school schedule.
- Study while travelling, living overseas, or participating in extracurricular activities.
- Reach Ahead from elementary school to high school.
- Communicate with your teacher regularly. Let your teacher know when you plan to finish your course so that they can help you reach your deadline.
- Use the tools and supports available to you in our learning environment.
- Pacing Tool. The pacing tool is a scheduling assistant that will help you stay on track with your assignment submissions.
- Free Student Academic Support. All VHS students have access to FREE online course support so that you can get your questions answered quickly and thoroughly.
- Avoid submitting multiple assignments on the same day. As you complete each assignment, make sure you upload it to your Dropbox so that your teacher has time to grade and provide feedback. This will allow you to apply their feedback to your future assignments and hopefully improve your overall mark.
- Fill out a Post-Secondary Request Form in advance of your deadline. If you have applied to a post-secondary institution through OUAC, OCAS, or another application centre, let us know by completing and submitting a Post-Secondary Request Form as soon as possible!
- Check your VHS news feed regularly. Important information, announcements, and upcoming deadlines for things like OUAC are frequently posted here.
- Plan your exam date in advance. You should aim to write your final exam at least 7-10 days before your deadline. Our online proctoring service partner, Integrity Advocate, is a popular choice for students looking to complete a course quickly. There is no additional fee AND you don’t have to go through an approval process before writing your exam. Simply submit all of your graded assessments and your exam will be unlocked for you to write whenever and wherever you choose! (If you choose to complete your exam with an in-person proctor, be sure to submit your Proctor Approval Application at least two weeks prior to the date you intend to write your final exam.)
So, go on and dip your toe into online learning at VHS. Our dedicated teachers, student support teams, and administrative staff are available all summer long to answer any questions and guide you every step of the way. We can’t wait to see how you make a splash in summer school this year!