Why Choose Virtual High School?
Discover the VHS Difference
We Are Supportive
- Qualified teachers at VHS are trained to teach in an online environment and are available to answer questions daily.
- We provide all of our students with access to free online tutoring.
- We offer standard and Fast Track versions of courses to help students meet deadlines and achieve their academic goals.
- Our guidance and administrative teams are available year-round via telephone, email, and live chat.
- We recognize and implement accommodations for students with different learning needs.
We Are Flexible
- Students are given up to 18 months to complete each course.
- The courses are self-paced with no set deadlines for assessment submission.
- We provide 24/7 access to course content and assessments.
- There are no live, synchronized lessons to attend.
- All final exams are written online with the date, time, and location selected by each student according to their personal schedule.
We Are Student-Centred
- Our courses are engaging, interactive, and informative.
- We continuously review course content to keep it current and relevant for our students.
- Our assessments are varied to encourage student creativity.
- We monitor our student-teacher ratios to ensure students can receive individualized attention.
- We create opportunities for exploration and connection through extracurricular activities, workshops, and clubs.
We Are Professional
- Each course delivers the curriculum expectations outlined by the Ontario Ministry of Education.
- We grant Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) credits.
- Our courses are written and developed by qualified educators (OCT-certified or its equivalent).
- We create professional animations, videos, and images with an in-house media team.
- Our Brightspace® learning environment by D2L provides each student with a secure account.
We’re Here to Help!
- Complete prerequisites and meet deadlines for post-secondary admission.
- Repeat a course to improve a final grade.
- Fast track high school education.
- Resolve timetable conflicts with a main school.
- Reach Ahead from elementary school to high school.
- Study while travelling or living overseas.
- Earn the OSSD from anywhere in the world.