Fast Track Courses
Fast Track courses guarantee 24-hour teacher email response times, 2-day assessment grading, and prioritized administrative support.
Interactive Online Tutoring
Get one-on-one help from our subject matter experts.
Ask questions over live chat or schedule a virtual meeting.
Every course offers online tutoring at no additional charge.
Sample TextSample Role
How Does It Work?
How Does It Work?
At Virtual High School, we recognize that no two learners are the same. That’s why students at VHS get to choose when and where to study, when to submit assignments, and when to write their final exams. With certified teachers, interactive course content, free online tutoring, dedicated student support teams, and an outstanding administrative staff, we stay focused on meeting the needs of each student to deliver the best in online secondary education.
Why Enrol at Virtual High School?
- 20+ years of online education leadership
- Established reputation with colleges and universities
- Flexible, self-paced courses
- Balanced student-teacher ratios
- Extensive academic support and guidance services
- Interactive student community programs and events
Frequently Asked Questions
- Absolutely! Virtual High School is inspected by the Ontario Ministry of Education and qualified to issue Ontario Secondary School Diploma credits, which are the same credits earned by students in traditional public and private schools.
To verify our status as an inspected private school, please visit the Ontario Ministry of Education website. Virtual High School’s Ministry BSID# is 665681.
- After more than 20 years in operation, Virtual High School has established a distinguished reputation among colleges and universities across Canada and around the world. Any post-secondary institution that accepts Ontario Secondary School Diploma credits will recognize credits from VHS. We always recommend contacting any potential post-secondary institutions directly to inquire about their admissions policies and program requirements.
- If a student attends another Ontario high school in addition to VHS, we maintain regular contact with the student’s main school as they progress through their course. We will provide updates at three key intervals: a letter of enrolment, a midterm report, and a final report. The student’s main school will then ensure that any credits earned at VHS are added to the student’s transcript.
We provide these same updates (notification of enrolment, midterm grades, and final grades) to accounts within the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) and the Ontario College Application Service (OCAS) for any students applying to post-secondary institutions. VHS will also communicate directly with international and out-of-province colleges and universities when necessary.
- All VHS credits count toward the online learning requirement for the Ontario Secondary School Diploma. Visit the VHS blog for more information regarding this Ontario Ministry of Education requirement.
- VHS has ongoing enrolment, which means students may register and get started on any day of the year! Students will be able to begin their courses within 24 hours, even when registration takes place on a weekend. Any registrations submitted on a statutory holiday will be processed the next day.
- All Virtual High School course content is contained within our learning environment, so no textbooks are required. Students in English courses may need to locate copies of novels and plays that are readily available at public libraries or bookstores. Any course-specific resources (i.e., calculators, software downloads, etc.) are listed on the individual course outline pages on our website.
Every student will need access to a desktop computer or laptop with high-speed internet and word processing software.
- Each course is completed at the student’s own pace, whether that means finishing quickly or taking advantage of our full 18-month time limit. There are no schedules or due dates to follow, so students decide when to hand in their assignments and when to take their tests to meet any personal deadlines they might have.
- Our courses are text- and image-based with interactive components like supplementary videos to illustrate concepts, so there are no live or pre-recorded lessons. Certified teachers are available to answer questions through email, provide feedback, and grade assessments. Standard course offerings ensure that assignments and tests will be graded within 5 days, while our Fast Track courses guarantee 2-day grading turnaround times.
- The tuition fee covers all costs associated with the completion of a VHS course. There are a few additional services which some students may require depending on their circumstances. Additional fees may apply in the following scenarios:
- Equivalent Credit Assessments
- Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) account creation
- Post-secondary document requests
- Courier fees for document transfers
- Course transfers
- Course extensions
We do our best to make sure that we provide the most cost-effective solutions for our students where possible.
- All exams at VHS are closed book and completed online under the supervision of our third-party proctoring partner. This proctoring service is fully integrated into our learning environment so that we can provide a seamless, secure experience for our students. Exams can be written on any day of the year at any time of day in any location, so we can accommodate every student’s schedule.
If a student finds that the online proctoring service is not a good fit for their learning needs or preferences, we also offer an in-person proctoring option that can be arranged with our Exams team.
- Virtual High School does not issue refunds. Please consult the Virtual High School Policies page to review all of our policies regarding refunds, course transfers, student enrolments, course prerequisites, confidentiality, and Reach Ahead students in more detail.