Applications are now being accepted for the Terry Fox Humanitarian Award. This award is open to students of all abilities and fields of study.
To be considered for the award, you must
- Be in good academic standing
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- Be graduating from high school, be completing your first year of CÉGEP, or have completed high school
- Be involved in volunteer humanitarian activities
- Be planning to or already studying in your first university degree or diploma at a Canadian post-secondary institution, or be entering their your second year of CÉGEP in the upcoming academic year
Recipients are selected based on their dedication to the humanitarian ideals of Terry Fox. The ideal candidate will have the ability to inspire and positively affect others while demonstrating fortitude when facing challenges. Candidates who have successfully dealt with such obstacles, while becoming or remaining dedicated to helping others, will be considered for this award. Distinctions in academic, athletic, and civic life are also taken into account in the selection process.
We encourage all eligible students to apply for this award. If you know of someone who demonstrates these qualities, please encourage them to apply.
The maximum award is valued at $28,000. Applications are due by February 1st, 2019.
To learn more about the award and eligibility requirements, please visit www.terryfoxawards.ca.