Working with Virtual High School
The flexible and online nature of Virtual High School (VHS) can provide a variety of opportunities for your organization. VHS is inspected by the Ministry of Education (BSID 665681) and has worked with organizations worldwide since 2003 to offer a professional, flexible, and innovative pathway for students who wish to earn Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) credits or the full diploma. We strive to provide students with the best education available online and are always looking to build new relationships with organizations around the world.
Students can earn OSSD credits or diplomas online with the support of a qualified VHS teacher. VHS will work with you to support your students, assisting with enrolment, exam set-up, and ensuring that there is a point-to-point contact to address issues. VHS courses are ideal for international pre-college and university programs and supplementary OSSD credits for unaccredited or accredited organizations.
Online Learning Solutions
We can help to build your online or blended program, an innovative solution for existing schools that wish to adopt online or blended learning opportunities for their students. Your organization can work with VHS to write and develop courses tailored to your students’ specific needs. Discover how we can bring your eLearning program to life.
We’re always open to working with forward-thinking organizations to explore unique, quality education programs internationally, across Canada, and here in Ontario. If you’re faced with a unique challenge in delivering educational content, our team of experts can help you find a solution. Find out how you can start working with us today.
- Courses are developed and created specifically for VHS by professional educators.
- Each course is carefully developed to follow the standards and curricula set out by the Ministry of Education in Ontario.
- Each course has a qualified teacher, certified by the Ontario College of Teachers or equivalent, who will be available to students throughout the course to provide constructive feedback.
- VHS allows students 18 months to complete their course(s).
- Students have the ability to work on courses at any hour of any day and at their own pace. Students have the freedom to create their own deadlines and due dates, helping them to develop self-discipline and independence.
- All students are treated as equals. There are no international fees for students outside of Canada.
- All online course content exists on in D2L’s Integrated Learning Platform, BrightspaceTM. Textbooks are not required, as all content is online.
- All grade items (assignments, quizzes, etc.) are submitted to the student’s teacher online.
- All feedback and interaction with teachers or other students occurs within the learning environment.
The Role of VHS
- Provide high quality Ontario secondary school courses and services.
- Accomodate the unique needs of your organization
- Offer a professional, flexible, and innovative pathway for students who wish to earn Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) credits and diplomas.
- Provide an accessible primary correspondent to answer questions and offer any necessary support to your organization.