letters and an envelope

Post-Secondary Applications

If requested, VHS will communicate with students' post-secondary institutions and application services at three intervals: with a letter of enrolment, a midterm report, and a final report. To make such requests, students must complete and submit the Post-Secondary Request Form.

Ontario Universities' Application Centre

A student may have their OSR residing at another public, Catholic, or private school while being registered for one or more courses with VHS. This student will complete an Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC) 101 application through their home school. VHS will require the student to provide us with their OUAC Reference Number (YYYY-######) in order for VHS course information to be sent to OUAC. VHS will send all required documentation directly to OUAC on behalf of the student. There is no fee associated with this service.

A student whose OSR resides at VHS, who is currently earning the OSSD, and who wishes to apply to universities through an OUAC account is considered a 101 applicant. This student may request that VHS establish a Personal Identification Number (PIN) for them. Once VHS creates the PIN, it is emailed to the student along with the required information and application instructions. The student then uses this information to log in and create a 101 Application with OUAC. Once the student has applied, all academic information from Grades 11 and 12 will be uploaded to OUAC. VHS can provide additional guidance to students regarding the application process if required. The fee for this OUAC service is $180. Please note that this fee is separate from any fees that OUAC charges.

For students applying to post-secondary schools outside Ontario or students who are OUAC 105 applicants, VHS will provide post-secondary institutions a letter of enrolment, midterm report, and a final report. A fee of $30 is applicable for each school requested.

Ontario College Application Service

A student who applies to colleges through ontariocolleges.ca will require that VHS update their account with any courses they are taking at VHS. The student must submit their Ontario College Application Service (OCAS) Application Number (YY-###-####) or OCAS Account Number to the appropriate Guidance Coordinator at VHS. VHS will update the student's account with a letter of enrolment, midterm grade, and final grade upon course completion. The student must add VHS to the academic information on their OCAS account so that we are able to update the account accordingly.

Please contact the appropriate guidance coordinator with any questions.